Sunday, June 19, 2011

Good News

Update on El Paso: I got to the semi's of doubles and lost in the round of 16 in singles. I unfortunately had to play my doubles partner in singles and that afternoon we played together for doubles. That doesn't happen all the time, but when it does you just got to deal with it. 

After that I headed home the same day (Friday) I lost doubles and made it to LA around 11pm. I wanted to get back as fast as possible because Keaton's graduation was the next day. I was really happy I was able to make it. I'm very proud of him!

The next Monday I had a tournament near my house in Claremont, Ca. It is a tournament called US Open Sectional Playoffs. I was playing the southern California regional and there are a total of 16 regions. Each region has one winner and I was playing well enough to win my region. Once each region finished the winners of the region come together and play in a final tournament. So in August the 16 winners go to Yale and compete to win a spot in the qualifying draw of the US Open! It's a fantastic opportunity and I can't believe I'm 4 matches away from playing in a Grand Slam! The tournament is held in the middle of August so I have some time to prepare and play some other pro tournaments until I compete against the other 15 winners.

I'm currently in Boston, MA playing in a 50K. I'm staying with my coaches parents and thankfully my coach was able to come with. I rarely have him with me and he doesn't get to see me play very much. It's nice to have him with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment